NOTICE - Cookie settings on your computer may be causing you login problems.
Your browser may not be set to accept cookies.
If you are having problems entering, viewing or using this site, these problems are caused by cookie settings on your computer. Cookies are required in order to use this site.
We use session cookies for security and to identify users to our site. Session cookies are small TEMPORARY files stored on your computer while you browse a website. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you logout and leave this website.
Please note: If you have a firewall or other security software, this software may be set to block cookies. Refer to the HELP manual of the security software you are using to find out how to enable session cookies and allow Bamiyan Silver cookies to be set. Norton Firewall needs to be set to enable cookies, otherwise you will not be able to use this site.
How do I enable cookies on my browser?
Enabling cookies is simple. With your browser open, find your browser and follow the directions below.
This information applies to Windows Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Internet Explorer provides many different ways to control the cookies that are stored on your computer.
You can block or allow cookies or you can choose the specific sites that you'll accept cookies from.
When you make these sorts of changes, the cookies that are already stored on your computer will not be affected.
For that reason, you might want to delete the cookies already stored on your computer before following the
steps below. See Cookies: frequently asked questions for more information.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button
, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
- Blocking cookies might prevent some webpages from displaying correctly.
This information applies to Windows Internet Explorer 9
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture
of the Start button.
In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button Tools button
, and then click Internet options.
Click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
Blocking cookies might prevent some webpages from displaying correctly.
This information applies to Windows Internet Explorer 10
- Open Internet Explorer for the desktop.
Tap or click the Tools button, and then tap or click Internet options.
Tap or click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or the bottom to allow all cookies, and then tap or click OK
Blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly.
Safari 6/7 (Mavericks): Manage cookies and other website data
- Websites often store cookies and other data on your device. This data may include information that you provided,
such as your name, email address, and preferences.
This data helps websites identify you when you return to the sites so
they can provide services for you and show information that might be of interest to you.
By default, Safari accepts cookies and website data only from websites you visit.
This helps prevent certain advertisers from storing data on your device.
You can change options in Safari preferences so that Safari always accepts or always blocks cookies and other website data.
Important: Changing your cookie preferences or removing cookies and other website data in Safari may change or
remove them in other apps, including Dashboard.
- Choose Safari > Preferences, click Privacy
- Select the Chrome menu icon Chrome menu.
- Select Settings.
- Near the bottom of the page, select Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, select Content settings.
- Select Allow local data to be set (recommended).
- Select Done.
Click the menu button
and choose Options.
Select the Privacy panel.
Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also not set to Never
For more information, see Disable third-party cookies in Firefox to stop some types of tracking by advertisers.
Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
Personal Firewall/Security Software Users
Please note: ZoneAlarm and other personal firewalls and security software may be set to block cookies. Please refer to the HELP manual of the security software you are using to find out how to enable session cookies and allow Bamiyan Silver cookies to be set. If you are unsure that the personal security software is causing a problem, temporarily disable it and try logging in again. If you are able to log in with the security software disabled, then you'll need to modify the cookie settings located in your particular security software package to allow it to accept cookies.
Last Resort - If it still doesn't work
Try the following things:
- Delete all your cookies
- Check to see that your computer system time is accurate. Cookies are time sensitive and may not work if your computer date is incorrect by a large amount.
- Check your firewall and make sure it accepts cookies
- Turn off any third party programs or control panels that automatically reject cookies.
- Try opening a new browser window, and typing in http://www.Bamiyansilver.ca in the address bar.
- If that still doesn't work, as a last resort:
Upgrade your browser. click here to download Internet Explorer 11 or click here to download Firefox
Contact Us if you still have problems
Click here to LOGIN AFTER you enable cookies